From: Librarians Matter
Written by: Kathryn Greenhill
In my last post, Why should I learn about that when I’m busy with other stuff?, I concluded that if library staff are going to trade a couple of hours a week to learn about emerging technologies that they can’t even use yet in their jobs, then there better be some compelling reasons for it.
With items to catalogue, instructional material to write, users to help, budgets to balance, outreach to plan and systems to troubleshoot, why is it good management for staff to be released from these tasks to spend some time learning about emerging technologies?
Here’s my list. I’d love to know what’s on yours.
1. Core business. Our core business is linking information and...
More Article
Thursday, September 13, 2007
20 Reasons why Learning Emerging Technologies is part of every librarians job
Labels:
librarian,
technologies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment