In case you missed the Birmingham News "Views" September 5, 2009.
Kenneth Parish wrote a commentary on an email reference question that was answered by our Southern History department. This would not be unusual except that Parish lives in the UK.
He wrote:
"I am in England. On a recent morning, I prepared an e-mail to send the local Birmingham Public Library, but in error, I addressed it to the public library in Birmingham, Alabama.
I was seeking the name of an English silversmith dating from 1960. Within a couple of hours, I received the full requested information in an e-mail from Mary Beth Newbill, librarian, Southern History Department, Birmingham Public Library, Alabama.
I am amazed and impressed with such efficient, friendly service.
Kenneth Parish
Bramhall, Cheshire, UK"
See:
http://blog.al.com/birmingham-news-commentary/2009/09/your_views_little_cahaba_river.html
2 comments:
That is so cool! Thanks for sharing. Congrats Mary Beth.
Mary Beth, you are outstanding!
Post a Comment