Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Checkmate!
I would like to take the time out to commend Mr. Andrei Jones of Five Points West Library for his part in helping organizing the Chess Tournament that was held in the large conference room on August 11, 2007. I know this is a little late after the fact, but it was a joy to see participants of all ages playing against each other in a rank tourney. Mr. Jones himself played admirably and upon his wins and defeats he was gracious. I myself missed out of playing because I over slept but it was good to see at least one member of the BPL representing the staff. Some of the most exciting matches were played out between an older and younger opponents. Mr. Jones was one of those opponents. Let's just say you win some and lose some. No shame in playing a strong opponent then losing a match that could have went either way. There was also talk of the tourney being held again at Five Points which I'm eagerly hoping will happen so I can get a re-match with my one time student who beat me in our first match though I prolonged the inevitable until I had nowhere to run. Next Year Mr. Jones next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment