I just want to put in a plug for BPL @ Night! For those of you who have not been to one yet, I want to tell you what fun they are. I know it's hard to think about staying later than you already do at work...but I promise that it's very much worth it.
Here are my top 5 reasons to stay a bit later and enjoy BPL @ Night:
5. I don't have to cook dinner. I tell my husband to meet me for BPL @ Night at 6:30 and in turn I take him to dinner at John's Diner. John's is great on Thursday evenings...there's no waiting!
4. I can sit in a chair and think about nothing for an hour while someone entertains me! Yes, it's true that BPL @ Night is usually just one hour long (or just a bit longer). So, you're not here all night, and you can leave just about the time your kid or spouse gets fidgety.
3. I get a dose of culture. Oh sure, The Biggest Loser and CSI are great for exercising your analytical mind (eh hem), but if you want to hear great music or see some really innovative dancing, BPL @ Night is fantastic. Then you can brag to your friends about how you just LOVE the theater or you think the latest jazz coming out of Birmingham is some of the best you've heard in a long time!
2. You can get brownie points with your supervisor. I just tell Jim I'm staying for BPL @ Night and I can tell he's thinking: "That Kelsey sure is a great worker!!"
And, the number one reason to stay for BPL @ Night:
1. You can support your library and local artists all at the SAME TIME!
Next BPL @ Night is October 18 at 6:30 in the Central Library Atrium. The performance is great for adults and kids: M.A.D. Skillz Dance Company is a non-profit organization that provides training and performance opportunities for dancers between ten and eighteen years of age. They teach using elements of Hip Hop, Jazz, Ballet, African, Modern & Praise Dance techniques.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great post Kelsey. It would be great if you would tweak it for the public blog. Excellent!
And it wouldn't need that much tweaking. I enjoyed the chatty tone of it. Chatty, relaxed, and informative--that's what we're looking for.
Post a Comment