Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Big Thanks to Administration

If anyone had a chance to glance at the 2008 holiday schedule, you no doubt noticed that BPL is now closed the day after Thanksgiving

I've been grousing about this for years. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in this holiday miracle.

7 comments:

Melinda Shelton said...

Yea! I missed that nugget. I agree...A Big Thanks to Administration.

Anonymous said...

And to the Board who approved it!

Hoss Vegas! said...

That's really gonna mess up my hours. I think I'll fight it :) lol

ALS Blog said...

I concur with 'yesterday.' I like the floater. I think we'll have to petition the board to change it back. :-) However, as a "green" librarian, I understand that being closed that day will save untold amounts of resources.

Friend of yesterday.

Hoss Vegas! said...

I don't even get it as a floater holiday. I just will have to make up 4 hours. Perhaps, I'll have a full time job by then and won't even consider it. Who knows?

Tressa Fancher said...

If anyone dares petition the board to change this holiday, I think I'll have to break some kneecaps.

Yes, I feel for part-timers concerning holiday hours. I've been there, too.

But it will be nice to have the DAT off without feeling guilty that the others in my department are at work and not with their families...or at the malls.

Hoss Vegas! said...

That's what you'll get for that little John Cusack thing a few blogs ago.

I'm telling all the "higher ups" that it was your idea, too!