
Hello everyone,
Do you have an old desktop computer laying around that you want to get rid of because it is just collecting dust or taking up space in the closet? If you don't know me, my name is Seth Lewis and I am employed at central. I am also an artist who incorporates electronics and computers into his work. If you are willing to donate or sell me an older computer on the cheap I will gladly take it off your hands. As beggars cannot be choosers I will take pretty much anything, but I would be more likely to pay for Pentium IV and more recent processors. I will also take cathode ray tube flat/otherwise monitors, I am not terribly interested in LCD screens but I might take them. I do not need mice or keyboards, but I will take them if you are giving them. If you have security concerns I will gladly remove the hard drives and give them back to you, but if you don't mind me keeping them I will be zeroing them out so that none of your data will be available. You could even format them yourselves, I don't need the operating systems. You would be doing me a great service by helping me out and I guarantee that these computers are solely intended for incorporation into sculpture. If you are interested please contact Seth Lewis at Central Circ 226-3600, email me at slewis@bham.lib.al.us, or comment on this post.
Do you have an old desktop computer laying around that you want to get rid of because it is just collecting dust or taking up space in the closet? If you don't know me, my name is Seth Lewis and I am employed at central. I am also an artist who incorporates electronics and computers into his work. If you are willing to donate or sell me an older computer on the cheap I will gladly take it off your hands. As beggars cannot be choosers I will take pretty much anything, but I would be more likely to pay for Pentium IV and more recent processors. I will also take cathode ray tube flat/otherwise monitors, I am not terribly interested in LCD screens but I might take them. I do not need mice or keyboards, but I will take them if you are giving them. If you have security concerns I will gladly remove the hard drives and give them back to you, but if you don't mind me keeping them I will be zeroing them out so that none of your data will be available. You could even format them yourselves, I don't need the operating systems. You would be doing me a great service by helping me out and I guarantee that these computers are solely intended for incorporation into sculpture. If you are interested please contact Seth Lewis at Central Circ 226-3600, email me at slewis@bham.lib.al.us, or comment on this post.
6 comments:
We would love to see a picture of one of your creations.
I added a picture from one of my few works. I wish I had more images, but I lost several when one of my hard drives crashed a few years ago. This is a gallery view from The Bumbershoot Music Festival's Art Openings in Seattle Washington 2005.
Mine is the one on the right.
I sent your request to my husband. He works in computers and might have some of these things lying around.
Any artistic ideas for old TVs
(1988)? I have one of those and a telephone(slimline).
Sylvia McClain
SPRD library
Is the TV black and white or color?
Post a Comment