Business Databases
Quiz 6 Form
*1. What do Pampered Chef and GEICO have in common?
*2. Good morning, may I have a moment of your time. I’m a private detective working on a case. I’m tracking down a thief. All I know for sure is that he’s heading to Weirton, WV to deliver a lecture on Greek vases. Why Weirton? Is there a pottery group or some sort of Greek group or organization that meets there?
*3. Hey, my Aunt, bless her soul, bought some stock for a New Jersey company called Monmouth Rehabilitation Inc. She heard about it at her church bingo night. The thing is, I think that company had something to do with an Alabama company. What is the name of that company?
*4. When Kashi was founded in the early 1980s, the founders had one product and $25,000. What was the product and the special blend?
*5. How much of Coke's revenues are generated outside of the U.S. and how many stars do they have in their rating?
*6. Which database has a directory of gaming academies, cruise lines, and casinos?
*7. My kid insists on getting a degree in Computer Science. I keep telling him that computers are cold, soulless machines that have no future. So, I’m going to use the evil machine to fight the evil machine. Do you have a database that shows the employment outlook for computer systems programmer or computer analysts for the next five years? It’s going to drop, right? I mean, he doesn’t even play chess! Isn’t playing chess important for computer analysts?
*8. All these New York experts! They have a vested interest in talkin’ bad about Alabama business. I want to read about Birmingham Alabama businesses from regional newspapers! Where do I go for regional coverage!
*9. How many businesses in Birmingham are 84 years old?
*10. My hunting buddy told me there was taxidermy place about 10.76 miles from your location. He remembered the mileage cause he’s got one of those GPS contraptions. Thing is, he don’t remember the name, other than it begins with D. Oh, he said something about it being out in the woods.
One of our goals for 2009 is to encourage the use and increase the awareness of the information found in the databases. To get staff more familiar with what is in some of our databases, we thought an incentive of a prize would be good. :-) So, each month we are going to post questions on survey monkey about a particular subject. You must use the databases to answer these questions. As long as you are a staff person at BPL, you may enter.
The rules:
Answer all questions in the quiz.
You may enter only one time per quiz.
If your answers are correct, you name will go into a drawing.
One name will be pulled for each quiz from the group of correctly answered surveys.
The winner will receive a $20 gift certificate, probably to Wal-Mart.
The winner will be posted on the staff blog and will need to claim his/her prize. (to get you to look at the staff blog as well!)
You have until 5:00 p.m. on April 20th to complete the quiz. Trying to find the answers will hopefully help you become more proficient in using the databases.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Is it my imagination, or is Foghorn Leghorn writing these questions?
Post a Comment